SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-13 of 13 Results
  1. P1800, 1800 & 1800ES (1959-1973)
    I dropped the rear axle (1969 P1800) to rebuild the differential (rebuild by someone else). I have spacers, etc but I have one part that I don't remember where it should be placed. I only have one of them and the bolt pattern matches the spacers/gaskets, etc. It is 3.65 mm thick. Should I have...
  2. RWD Cars For Sale
    Hey all, I present this 1973 1800ES on behalf of the owner. It is a stunning car. Though, one you can drive. It's a proper and clean driver's example. It has a clear Missouri title. It was resprayed 019 Black in the 2000s. Originally 113 Orange. The paint looks great. Garage kept. Runs, stops...
    $19,499 USD
  3. P1800, 1800 & 1800ES (1959-1973)
    The ‘64 and one of the ‘67s have titles and engines. The other ‘67 has neither. The best of the three, the ‘64 was being restored by my guy who sadly passed away while car was apart. Our new mechanic installed new engine so vehicle could be moved but much work still to be done. Newly recovered...
  4. Volvo News & Rumors
    "So what's it like?" asks Autocar's Matt Prior driving the Volvo P1800 Cyan Racing restomod somewhere in the rainy UK. "It's fantastic," he says after a stunned giggle. And what more need be said about a car designed-er, sorry, restored by Volvo's racing team and based on one of Volvo's most...
  5. Volvo News & Rumors
    Cyan Racing has published the first pictures of the interior of its latest project: the Volvo P1800 Cyan. The resto-mod "represents Cyan Racing's philosophy of how a sports car from the sixties merged with modern-day performance should be." Powered by a 420 hp, 2.0-liter engine based on the...
  6. Volvo News & Rumors
    In June 2020, a swedespeed reader in Sweden sent me some photos of a P1800 in camouflage and we wondered if it was the return of retro design or smaller platform prototype. Fast forward to today and we see the beautiful P1800 Cyan. This team at Cyan Racing has outdone themselves with this...
  7. Volvo News & Rumors
    Today is the one-year anniversary of Sir Roger Moore's passing and to commemorate, Volvo has prepared a short video with his 1800 being driven by its original designer, Pelle Petterson. "I designed the Volvo P1800, Roger Moore made it famous" The quote comes from designer Pelle Petterson who...
  8. Volvo News & Rumors
    What do you get when you take a classic Volvo P1800, take out the stock 1.8-liter engine it came with, and bolt in a 2.0-liter Ecotec mill from a Chevrolet Cobalt SS tuned to produce 300 hp? Some people will call it sheer awesomeness. Others might consider it heresy. Either way, it's definitely...
  9. Volvo News & Rumors
    The New York Auto Show has a number of fascinating Volvos to look at, but few more interesting than the white 1967 P1800 that once belonged to Roger Moore. The former James Bond bought the Volvo during his tenure as Simon Templar, the protagonist in The Saint. The series ran on the BBC from...
  10. Volvo News & Rumors
    Petrolicious has quickly become known as a go-to for extremely high quality videography and storytelling when it comes to remarkable vehicles and the people who own them. Most Petrolicious videos are focused on the traditional vintage car and the canyon roads they call their playground. But as...
  11. Volvo News & Rumors
    Yesterday's Find of the Day was 242 Turbo Rally Car was clearly a Grand Slam. While we highly doubt that this humble P1800s will replicate that success, it will be for sale at the very same auction- meaning that if you've got the means and the desire, you could pick up both cars while you're...
  12. Volvo News & Rumors
    The second annual Jalopnik Film Festival kicks off at the Classic Car Club Manhattan on Wednesday November 5th 2014. The festival moves to Williamsburg at Nitehawk Cinema for film premieres. Tangent Vector's APEX: The Story of the Hypercar has its world premiere. Based on the trailer, APEX...
  13. General Volvo Discussions
    The first three things Irv Gordon did 47 years ago after purchasing a shiny red 1966 Volvo P1800 were to adjust his seat, check the mirrors and buckle up. After driving the same car more than 2.99 million miles, the Long Island native still abides by these rules. Gordon has gained worldwide...
1-13 of 13 Results